Company: Dr. K.S. Perinpanayagam
Location: London, United Kingdom
Dr. K. Sounthy Perinpanayagam is a renowned health care professional who has trained in formal psychiatric and psychoanalytic psychiatry. Practicing in the field for 48 years, Dr. Perinpanayagam recently retired. He last served as a consultant psychiatrist at his own private practice where he rendered psychiatric consultations in psycho dynamics, and worked with clients on relationship psychiatry.
Throughout his illustrious career, Dr. Perinpanayagam has served in a variety of positions. He is a very accomplished individual who believes his greatest achievement has been serving as the medical director of the adolescent regional unit of the northeast region in London for 17 years. He is also credited with setting up the first adolescent unit in the region, which he ran successfully for 10 years. Dr. Perinpanayagam has also worked for various hospitals, clinics and treatment centers, and consulted on countless cases that dealt with a wide range of psychiatric issues.
Dr. Perinpanayagam is not only a respected psychiatrist in the field; he is also a well-known author. He has published various books and articles, including:
- “A Child is Being Beaten: The Psychodynamic Approach to Adolescence,” Athena Press, London, Miami (2003)
- “A Comment on the Services for Adolescents” (1992)
- “Bridges Over Troubled Waters, a National Survey of the Adolescent Services, Letters to the Bulletin of the Royal College of Psychiatrists” (1987)
- “The Organization and Management of a Treatment Unit for Adolescents,” The Journal of Adolescence (1987)
- “Response to the Review of Brookside” (1986)
- “The Adolescent Services, Letters to the Bulletin of the Royal College of Psychiatrists” (1985)
- “The Dynamic Approach,” British Medical Journal (1978)
- “Monosymptomatic Phobia Treated with a Single Session of Behavior Therapy,” The British Journal of Psychiatry (1971)
Dr. Perinpanayagam is certified in adolescent psychiatry through the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and earned a Doctor of Psychiatric Medicine and a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. He completed an internship in general surgery and pediatrics at Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children and training in psychoanalysis and personal training under the director of the Institute of Psychoanalysis.
He attributes his success to his sincerity, dedication and the support he receives from his colleagues. Dr. Perinpanayagam plans to continue providing psychiatry consulting services, publishing more books, and getting more involved in community work with adolescents and their families.
Contact Dr. K.S. Perinpanayagam